Finding your suitable readers for home theater system with receiver is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for home theater system with receiver including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
860 reviews analysed
1. Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision
- S-FORCE PRO front surround sound
- In the box: Receiver unit, Remote control, Size AAA Batteries for Remote control, FM wire antenna (aerial), Start-up guide, Operating Instructions
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based surround sound
- HDMI 4-in/1-out with Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- 7.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
- 4K HDR/Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
- Advanced Auto Calibration technology (Adv. DCAC)
Value for money is the ultimate aim of every person out there. You want the best you can (Or better) for the bucks you pay. In terms of Home Theater System With Receiver, Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision would be your best bet for getting a value for money. Launched Quite time Ago Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision was the best-sold product and even today, the sales number speak.
Having such amazing features, all this is bundled up at a cost, which may seem high for few, but is actually very good if you compare its features. Our bet is Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision would be the Best Home Theater System With Receiver for Money.
- The sound quality is great as i have not upgraded in awhile so my knowledge of what out there is slim.
- Great buy for the money and quality product.
- Audio quality is excellent, and it even has analog stereo audio in for my now-ancient jvc vcr (yes, i still have tapes).
- Once i figured everything out, i am totally pleased with the excellent sound, i like the dts-neural settings.
- Very soft clear sound, and good price!
- Other than that, for the price, that’s nothing better.
- For the price (300-ish), this thing has just the right power and hookups i need, not sure why you’d wanna spend any more, unles… Read More
- Just remember these items take a pounding in shipping.
- One of the top reviews mentions no hdmi cec for the receiver, but it definitely does have it; i didn’t have to even configure a… Read More
- I actually thought the six dt speakers would hook up to the tv like a soundbar.
- I mated a new polk psw10 10 subwoofer to this sony, and the sound/volume of my system is now truly impressive.
- Upgrading from a sony 1000w htib and there’s just no competition.
- The user interface is a bit clunky (c’mon sony), but it works just fine once it’s set up.
- Timely Delivery & consideration of shippers.I truly appreciate you getting this receiver to my husband before the Super Bowl st… Read More
- Picked this up for my new home theater. I am running an Atmos 5.2.2 setup. Some other reviewers have indicated that it only run… Read More
2. Moukey Bluetooth Power Amplifier System
- Easy Balance Control: Improved professional compact bookshelf sound amplifier with clear, responsive buttons for mode control. Knobs control microphone echo / volume, balance, bass, treble, master volume, input source and unique folder / track.
- 4.0 wireless connection: The sound amplification mixer device is equipped with wireless connection music streaming with a wireless range of 40 feet / 12 meters or more. Equipped with today’s latest devices (including smartphones, iPads, iPhones and computers), it is easy to pair with the receiver.
- HD screen: The integrated receiver for home stereo has a built in LED display w/ front panel audio control center. FM antenna and remote control are included in the package for distant audio adjustments.
- Multiple input and output modes: The digital amplifier box supports various external signal sources. 2 RCA audio inputs for tuner, CD player, tape drive, two 2.5-inch / 6.35 cm microphone inputs, one monitor headphone output port, USB, SD card, 3.5mm AUX IN and FM radio antenna. With RCA audio output, 2 pairs of banana plug speaker output.
- 220 Watts Peak Power: The dual-pass Moukey BT stereo amplifier receiver is perfect for your karaoke, home theater, acoustic sound system, and monitor headphones. Provide you with enough powerful power amplification, which can accommodate 2 sets of speakers, so that you can enjoy the audio impact of high-quality audio amplification.
If you are the sort of a person who doesn’t compromise on quality and is ready to shell a little extra then Moukey Bluetooth Power Amplifier System is your choice. They say you either buy a quality product once or buy cheap products every day, the cost comes to same.
The new Moukey Bluetooth Power Amplifier System comes with best Price. It is industry’s most trusted, most preferred and quality Home Theater System With Receiver and it considered as Gold Standard by many users as well as non-users.
If you are looking for a long-time investment with a quality Home Theater System With Receiver then don’t look beyond Moukey Bluetooth Power Amplifier System. The product is featured, highlighted and appreciated in Reviews of Home Theater System With Receiver in 2020 and this has been backed by many users.
3. Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver
- DYNAMIC SETUP: 6 in/2 out HDMI flexibility, front USB port and optical digital/analog AV connections
- ADVANCED AUDIO: DTS:X object based surround sound adapts to your speaker configuration in real time
- IN THE BOX: Receivers include a calibration microphone, FM wire antenna, remote control, batteries
- AUTO CALIBRATION: D.C.A.C. EX and virtual speaker relocation technology optimize sound to any room
- SPECS: 1155W, 6 ohm, 1kHz, THD 0.9% A/V receiver with 2nd zone and available 3rd zone connectivity
- EASY LISTENING: The STRDN1080 has Chromecast and is AirPlay, Multi-Room and Google Home compatible
- 4K PASS THROUGH: 4K HDR compatible with HDCP 2.2 support for sharper source to screen image quality
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL SYSTEM: Enjoy a multi channel stereo setup and preset channel FM / AM radio tuner
- PHANTOM SURROUND SETTING: Experience 7 channel surround sound with only a 5 channel speaker setup
Experience true home theater without limitations with this 7.2 channel receiver with Dolby Atmos 3D and DTS:X object-based surround sound, plus 4K HDR and HDCP 2.2 compatibility. Enjoy the flexibility of 6-in/2-out HDMI2 and multi-room listening, plus voice control powered by Google Home. All in a smaller chassis that fits more places. Input Output Terminals: Audio Input Opt (1)Audio Input Coax (1)Analog Audio Input (4)Pre Out Subwoofer (2)Composite Monitor Out (1)Headphone Output (1)USB (1 Front)Ethernet Port (1)
- Since i am not a sound quality diva, ease of operation and features are important to me.
- But, overall quality of receiver is great and set-up was relative easy.
- The sound is lower and poor quality when using arc.
- I’m very happy with the product and haven’t had any issues but one: there was no calibration mic in the box even though it’s su… Read More
- There seems to be some quirky things going on with the earc hdmi handshake, but i’m not sure if it’s the receiver or my bravia tv.
- I would say these are worth if the price comes down to about $400 during holiday sales.
- He really liked this receiver until he got to the earc part.
- I’m tempted to move this to a 5-star rating, but not quite yet.
- My dvd player and projector do not have those so will have to use a firestick or roku connected to hdmi input for the streaming services.
- Excellent new system to replace my older Sony Receiver Surround Sound Home Theater. Replaced due to issue with my older box be… Read More
- Update: I’ve now had this receiver for about a week and really like it. I’m tempted to move this to a 5-star rating, but not qu… Read More
4. 7 1 Channel Hi Fi Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier
- DIGITAL VFD DISPLAY: The home theater surround sound receiver system has built-in VFD display & AM/FM radio. Features front panel control center & integrated over current, short circuit & over-voltage protection. Includes remote control & power cable
- 4K UHD TV SUPPORT: The AV digital amp box is equipped w/ 4K ultra HD TV, 3D and Blu-Ray video pass-through support w/ dedicated RCA subwoofer output. Connect & stream audio/video from external devices via USB, RCA, HDMI, optical/coaxial digital audio
- 7.1 CHANNEL: The Pyle 7.1 Channel Hi-Fi Home Theater Receiver is perfect for your home entertainment system. Gives you 2000 watts peak power to be used for speakers and subwoofers w/ 4-16 ohms impedance, lets you enjoy high quality amplified audio
- BLUETOOTH-COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated high powered stereo receiver is equipped w/ bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smart phones, iPhone, iPad and computers with hassle-free receiver pairing
- EQ CONTROLS: The home amplifier with bluetooth has 2 ¼” mic inputs with independent input source selection. Equipped w/ next gen audio DSP sound processing technology and controls for echo, bass, treble, microphone and volume adjustments
Features: – 7.1 Channel Receiver System – AV (Audio/Video) Stereo Amplifier – Hi-Fi Home Theater Surround Sound – Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Audio Streaming – Next-Gen Audio DSP Sound Processing Technology – 4K Ultra HD TV Pass-Through Support – 3D Video & Blue-Ray Video Pass-Through Support – Digital Dynamic VFD Display with AM/FM Radio – Connect & Stream Audio from External Devices – MP3 Digital Audio Support – USB Flash Drive Reader – Connection Interface: (3 IN+1 OUT) x HDMI, RCA (L/R), Speaker Binding Posts, Optical / – COAX Digital Audio – HDMI Output + Dedicated RCA Subwoofer Output – (2) 1/4’’ -inch Microphone Inputs – Independent Input Source Selection – Digital Graphic Audio Output Level Display – Mic Echo, Bass, Treble, Volume Control Adjustment – Over Current, Short Circuit, and Over Voltage Protection Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity: – Simple & Hassle-Free Pairing – Instantly Receives Wireless Music Streaming – Works with all of Today’s Latest Devices – Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, Computers, etc.) – Bluetooth Version: 5.0 – Bluetooth Network Name: ‘PYLE PRO’ – Wireless Range: 30’+ ft. What’s in the Box: – AV Receiver – Remote Control – Power Cable Technical Specs: – Power Output: 2000 Watt MAX – Amplifier Receiver Type: 7.1-Channel – Speaker Impedance: 4-16 Ohm – S/N Ratio: >80dB – T.H.D.: <0.05% -="" radio="" station="" memory:="" 30="" presets="" -="" digital="" audio="" file="" support:="" mp3="" wma/ape/flac="" -="" maximum="" usb="" flash="" support:="" up="" to="" 1tb="" -="" battery="" operated="" remote="" control,="" requires="" (2)="" x="" ‘aaa’="" batteries,="" not="" included="" -="" power="" cable="" length:="" 3.9’="" ft.="" -="" power="" supply:="" 115v/240v,="" switchable="" -="" total="" unit="" dimensions="" (l="" x="" w="" x="" h):="" 16.9’’="" x="" 13.8’’="" x="" 5.5="" ’’="" -inches="">0.05%>
5. Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System
- BLUETOOTH CAPABLE: The personal portable digital amp box works with today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers as it is equipped with Bluetooth wireless music streaming with hassle-free receiver pairing
- MULTIPLE INPUTS: The integrated indoor stereo receiver supports iPod or MP3, USB, micro SD, AUX playback, built-in FM radio w/ digital LCD display, audio input and REC + subwoofer output RCA (L/R) connectors. Also features 2 ¼” microphone inputs
- MIC TALK-OVER FUNCTION: The professional sound amplifying device features a MIC talk-over function which when activated the current music or audio being played will be temporarily halted. This function is used in paging, voice-over, and announcements
- INTEGRATED EQUALIZER: The compact amplifier has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments. A remote control is also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- POWERFUL 750 WATT: The Pyle 6-Channel Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier gives you 750W peak power which can be used for multi speakers w/ 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality audio. Perfect for your PA and home theater entertainment
If you are buying a Home Theater System With Receiver for the first time, then you should have Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System. It has fewer features when you make Home Theater System With Receiver comparisons of Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System with any other Home Theater System With Receiver but what it has is ease of use and best in class service. Go ahead and Grab a Home Theater System With Receiver, grab any Home Theater System With Receiver but if you are first time user and want a good experience do not look anywhere other than Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System
- Sound quality is good, and has plenty of power.
- I have been using this system for a few weeks and i am very happy with its performance and quality.
- The sound quality was good, i enjoyed the ability to control each speak’s volume independently.
- The sound quality is great, the ease of use is great, and the price seals the deal.
- Audio controls are easy to manage, and the price is good.
- I figured the price was low enough i could buy one a year if it came down to it.
- It was an amazing price, so i went ahead.
- This review is for a multi-room amp that costs $100 so you need to compare this with other similar devices.
- You can’t go wrong for the money, it’s a bargain compared to other brands out there.
- The unit has several auxilary inputs (3.
- It takes less than 5 seconds to connect once you turn on the system.
- It is great quality, nice and compact and easy to use and love the fact that it is bluetooth so no cords needed to hook up to computer.
- Works as advertised. Set up instructions are difficult to understand and follow.
- This review is for a multi-room amp that costs $100 so you need to compare this with other similar devices.It is currently cont… Read More
- I’ve got a stereo wall and wanted to hook up the speakers to a multi-channel amp. This had all the channels I need and it soun… Read More
6. Bluetooth Multi Channel Hybrid Pre Amplifier System
- 6 INPUTS: The digital amp box supports FM/AM radio, MP3 audio playback & other external devices. It is equipped w/ USB & SD card readers, AUX 3.5mm input, 2 ¼” mic inputs, headphone jack, RCA (L/R) audio input/output jacks dedicated for subwoofer
- BLUETOOTH-COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver is equipped w/ bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers with hassle-free receiver pairing
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: The sound speaker amplifying device features front panel controls w/ independent audio source selection, rotary control center for microphone volume & echo control. It also features LED backlight illumination w/ dimmer control
- 3000-WATT POWER: The Pyle Multi-Channel Pre-Amplifier is perfect for your karaoke and home entertainment system. It gives you 3000W peak power to be used for multi speakers w/ 2-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality amplified audio
- RACK MOUNT: High powered home theater pro audio receiver features a universal rack mount design w/ built-in cooling fan & integrated overload/short circuitry protection. Includes 2 UHF wireless handheld microphones, mounting brackets & remote control
Bluetooth Multi Channel Hybrid Pre Amplifier System is a relatively new and late entrant in the market but surprisingly has surpassed beyond Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System – Upgraded 2018 6 Channel 750 Watt Wireless Home Audio Sound Power Stereo Receiver W/ USB, Micro SD, Headphone, 2 Microphone Input W/ Echo, Talkover For PA – Pyle which have been in market longer than anyone. Bluetooth Multi Channel Hybrid Pre Amplifier System brings you the best of the quality in the lowest possible cost. The Best feature of Bluetooth Multi Channel Hybrid Pre Amplifier System is what has kept in the market.
It certainly makes appearance in Reviews of Home Theater System With Receiver in 2020 owing to its price penetration strategy in the market. If you own a Home Theater System With Receiver and it could be any of the high value Home Theater System With Receiver, chances are that would be much costlier than Bluetooth Multi Channel Hybrid Pre Amplifier System. Bluetooth Multi Channel Hybrid Pre Amplifier System will have more than 50% of all its features.
7. Onkyo Tx Sr393 5 2 Channel Receiver
Onkyo Tx Sr393 5 2 Channel Receiver is another one which falls under Home Theater System With Receiver for money. It is most regularly advertised product and we see ads of it almost everywhere. In the past, Onkyo Tx Sr393 5 2 Channel Receiver ’s parent company decided to launch a new line of Home Theater System With Receiver and that is what has revived them. Onkyo Tx Sr393 5 2 Channel Receiver has really upgraded itself to the current style and market changes and the best part of Onkyo Tx Sr393 5 2 Channel Receiver is amazing features.
8. Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and computers w/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for audio sources and selector, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments. Features blue LED illuminated buttons to easily adjust the functions even in the dark
- 8 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports iPhone, smartphone, computer, iPad, USB, SD, MP3, AM FM radio tuner, CD player. Features 2 microphone inputs w/ echo, 2 RCA inputs, 2 RCA outputs, 4 pairs of speaker terminal binding posts
- DISPLAY METER: The compact and rack mount amplifier has a built-in digital LCD display meter which displays all the functions and input used. Antenna, audio cable cord, remote control are also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- 300 WATT POWER: The Pyle Digital AM/FM Stereo Receiver is perfect for your PA, karaoke and home entertainment system. It gives you 300W peak power to be used for multi speakers w/ 8-ohm impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality amplified audio
Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU is present in top 10 since a long time. In terms of customer satisfaction and ease of use, Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU wins the users. Most of them who buy Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU once wont by anything else although it offers very limited features and specifications.
The only reason for brand loyalty is ease of use. This product had a special mention in Reviews of Home Theater System With Receiver in 2020 for not expanding user base but definitely not loosing any. The shift of people from Home Theater System With Receiver to any other Home Theater System With Receiver is least.
- Otherwise i am very happy with it.
- Good sound for the money, i would buy it again.
- They also track through a little oddly, don’t start with the first on the left and then move right, but you get used to it.
- Must always pay special attention to the volums as it goes higher to 20dp with the system is turner on.
- It plays great and was at a good price
- This pyle unit is easily the equal of one twice the cost.
- 1 awesome receiver for less than 50$ wow a pyle reciever 3000 watts that was a surprise i purchased that usually receiver run upt 250.
- A very good unit, and at this price, a great buy !
- The bluetooth does not reach more than 15ft but works well.
- I got this for my teenage son and he absolutely loves it
- Good garage radio.If I could change one thing on it, it would be when the radio powers on… It doesn’t default back to the las… Read More
- FM has weak signal amplification so outside antenna maybe required for your favorite channel. Also wish it would remember that … Read More
9. Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System
- 600 watt power: the Pyle 6-channel home audio amplifier is perfect for your PA and home theater entertainment. It gives you 600W peak power which can be used for multi speakers W/ 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality Audio
- Bluetooth compatible: The professional integrated indoor stereo receiver is compatible with wireless Bluetooth and works with latest devices including smartphones, tablets, Laptops and computers. It also has a headphone jack for audio monitoring
- Talk-over button: The compact pa amplifier features a mic talk-over function which when activated, the current music or audio being played will be temporarily halted. This function is used in paging, pa, voice-over, and announcements
- Eq controls: the sound amplifying device has Rotary knob and crisp buttons for treble, bass, Master volume, echo, mic volume, mic tone configuration and source input mode selector. A remote control is also included in the package for distant control
- 6 inputs: The personal portable digital amp box has a USB flash drive/ SD card Reader for MP3/ WMA playback, aux input, dual 1/4” microphone in, and RCA connector. It also has FM radio with digital LCD Channel display, push Type speaker connector
Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System is again a mid of quality and price. It offers limited features in this pricing. There is another variant of Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System which falls into premium category but Wireless Home Audio Amplifier Systemis specifically targeted for mid-segment.
Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System offers such a amazing features which makes it better than 70% of Home Theater System With Receiver available in the market today. Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System was our personal favorite and was voted as most admired product in TOP 10 Best Home Theater System With Receiver to Buy in 2020 – TOP Picks. We hope it makes to that list again this year.
10. Wireless Bluetooth Audio Power Amplifier – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Sound Compact Stereo Receiver w/ USB, AM FM, 2 Mic IN w/ Echo, RCA, LED, Speaker Selector – For Studio, Home Use – Pyle PT272AUBT
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization and master volume adjustments. Includes remote control for distant audio adjustments and a power cable
- 3.5mm network adapter wire powered subwoofer switch small tv smart iphone 4.1 dj voice hdmi phone mono antenna indoor auto radio watt amplify compact ipod bass tube signal pc supply automotive cord house transmitter sub
- A/B SPEAKER SELECTOR: The professional integrated stereo receiver has A/B speaker selector enabling you to choose b/w speaker set. Use either A or B speakers or both. Note that when it is turned on initially it uses both speakers as default
- 6 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports SD / MMC card, USB, MP3, AM FM tuner, AUX, CD player, 2 microphone input w/ echo for karaoke or event hosting, RCA, AUX, and Bluetooth inputs
- BLUETOOTH ENABLED: The integrated hybrid amplifier is equipped with Bluetooth for wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc
Last but not the least, if you haven’t liked any of the Home Theater System With Receiver yet, then Wireless Bluetooth Audio Power Amplifier – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Sound Compact Stereo Receiver w/ USB, AM FM, 2 Mic IN w/ Echo, RCA, LED, Speaker Selector – For Studio, Home Use – Pyle PT272AUBT is your choice. It is another one which is Best Home Theater System With Receiver Under 100$ and Home Theater System With Receiver comparison have showed it has ranked best in past based solely on its features. Wireless Bluetooth Audio Power Amplifier – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Sound Compact Stereo Receiver w/ USB, AM FM, 2 Mic IN w/ Echo, RCA, LED, Speaker Selector – For Studio, Home Use – Pyle PT272AUBT offers best features and although it does not have, Wireless Bluetooth Audio Power Amplifier – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Sound Compact Stereo Receiver w/ USB, AM FM, 2 Mic IN w/ Echo, RCA, LED, Speaker Selector – For Studio, Home Use – Pyle PT272AUBT’s feature is unbeatable. We would recommend you to go ahead with this if you want an all rounder Best Home Theater System With Receiver Under 100$
- Otherwise very happy with function and quality for price.
- There won’t be a subwoofer, and audio quality is going to be as good as my phone’s bluetooth since all we will be doing is streaming audio.
- At less than $100, you cannot expect earth-shattering quality.
- For the price, you can’t beat it.
- Even though it is a great unit for the price!
- Love being able to have bluetooth at such a low price!
- However, those two receivers are in my great room and basement, powering some pretty high-end equipment.
- When turning on , it always chooses speakers a&b and volume starts at 20db.
- This seems to be a nice stereo system so far as I’ve had no problem yet & hope it stays that way.
- It great for what I need it for, my work. Sounds, and looks good. Great price too.
- this is what i was looking for perfect
Music lovers always appreciate good sound quality, and an AV (audio/video) receiver provides you with a nonpareil experience. The market is inundated with gadgets every day, and it is not easy to buy one without doing a little homework. If you want to get the most out of your home entertainment system, an audio/video receiver (AVR) is a must. It is the focal point of a home theater system. You need an AVR for a multitude of tasks, ranging from supplying power to your speakers to enabling surround sound. Having a clear idea of the features that you should be looking for is the first step towards making a suitable choice. To make your research easier, we have devised a useful guide to help you buy the best AV receiver, after going through thousands of AV receiver reviews on the Internet.
The best AVRs can be classified on the basis of the number of audio inputs and output ports that they feature, the number of channels that they support, and the number of speakers they can power.
5.1 Channel–It is the basic model that support five speakers and one sub-woofer.
7.1 Channel–This model supports two additional speakers, making it a total of seven, and a sub-woofer for a richer sound.
7.2 Channel–This is one of the best AVRs, designed for larger rooms and higher configuration home theater systems. It supports an additional sub-woofer for a more even distribution of sound.
9.2 Channel– This is the latest AV receiver that supports up to nine speakers and two sub-woofers.
Warranty: Most users would recommend choosing a product with a reliable warranty. When you invest a substantial amount of money in an appliance, you would like to have the benefit of easy replacement of parts in the event of any manufacturing defects.
Ease of use: Using all the features to your best advantage is only possible if you understand them clearly. It is quite clear that most users prefer user-friendly interfaces that can be regulated with ease.
Stay away from cheap products: Most users would recommend that you should always opt for reliable brands that offer quality products and best after-sales services.
What to consider before buying an AV receiver
Today’s market is filled with many types of AV receivers and an equally high number of features—which can leave you perplexed as to which one to choose. We have put together a few factors for you to consider before you make a purchase:
Check the number of inputs: Opt for an AV receiver that comes with at least six input points. This, indeed, is the most important feature to be considered. Also, ensure there are a number of HDMI inputs, as most of the gadgets you use today are HDMI devices.
Do not go by the latest model: Decide on the model based on the features you would really need. With each new model, new features get added: Airplay streaming, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, etc.–the list goes on. However, wireless capabilities, streaming features, and a USB port can be considered necessary—don’t compromise on those features.
Decide on the stereo/surround option: Opt for stereo if the purpose of the AV receiver is to listen to quality music. An AV receiver with a surround mode is meant for home theater use. Although a stereotype receiver is old-fashioned, it is the ideal one if you plan to listen to music only. You can save a substantial sum of money by not buying the surround type–unless, of course, you feel you really want it.
Check the power: This determines the quality of sound transmitted by your receiver. A high-wattage receiver will provide better sound quality even at low and medium volumes. Keep in mind the size and sensitivity of your speakers while selecting an AVR. Also, you should consider the size and design of the room in which you are planning to set up your equipment before making a decision about the relevant amplification.Buy the receiver that is powerful enough for accommodating the connected speakers, as well as the room in which it is located. The larger the room, the more the power that is required. Also, with the “All channels driven” specification, you can be sure that sound will be amplified to all channels.
Check connectivity – The ideal AVR should have an adequate number of input and output ports to accommodate all your equipment, as well as some spare ports. The technology to look out for in this department is HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface), which gives you the best video and audio output. Your AVR should feature digital connections–you should also ensure that it has the correct inputs, keeping in mind the equipment you plan to connect to it.
Ensure adequate features– Typically, AVRs incorporate several features to regulate the quality of audio and video output. Multi-channel stereo, traditional surround sound and simulated environments such as jazz club and concert hall environments are the buzzwords in audio capability. Latest video capabilities include 3D streaming, multi-screen display, and video processing. Making a list of features that you require may narrow down your choices.
Latest fads: Bluetooth, Airplay, Song Pal and Wi-Fi are some of the features to look for. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your AVR with any kind of Bluetooth-enabled device for streaming audio and visual files. Airplay connectivity is limited to Apple products. SongPal is a Sony app that allows you to stream music from your smartphone. Wi-Fi is another useful feature that you would like to have to access your home Internet connection without the use of an external Ethernet cable.
Interface: The wide range of features would not be of any use if you cannot figure out the way to use them optimally. The best AVRs come with a user-friendly graphical interface that is easy to understand and regulate.
Calibration: A number of AVRs now offer automatic calibration that checks and configures systems and settings on their own. This feature makes life easier, especially if your knowledge of audio-video systems is limited.
Pioneer, established in 1938 in Japan, is one of the leading manufacturers of the best quality musical equipment.
Yamaha is a Japanese company that has grown to become the world’s largest manufacturer of a range of musical instruments, audio/visual products, and other related products.
Onkyo Corporation from Japan is known for their musical equipment and AVRs. Their advanced products are very popular with users.